A couple weeks ago, I needed a lighter weight bedspread. SO I decided I would quilt one.
I had some pretty awesome fabrics for a pretty sparkly green and blue color scheme. You probably can’t tell, but some of these fabrics have SILVER SPARKLE.
So after lots of searching online and through my seldom used stash of books…I used a fairly easy pattern, but have never been great at cutting, sewing and matching pieces up evenly. I DID follow a suggestion and actually iron every single seam. Mind you, I used the chain method SHOWN BEST HERE and sewed and ironed all the pieces assembly line style.
It went together beautifully until the end when I was concerned about sewing the LARGE blocks together. It didn’t seem like they would match up straight. But I just went one by one, and matched up seams and it came together beautifully. Next I knew I just wanted a thin backing and no batting in the middle. I had a sheet from my favorite store IKEA that I used . I even did some top stitching with a metallic thread.
I am really pleased with it. It is getting a lot of use and hope that I can actually take some decent pics…maybe even make the bed more often!